HOW TO CREATE A PHOTO BOOK
Urs Bollinger is a Director at Credit Suisse, Zürich. He advises Swiss exporters and importers how to navigate in the financial markets.
In his free time he loves to take photos. During his 3-month sabbatical in AUS/NZ he took over 10'000 pictures, some of which he showed to the "Highlanders" in 2009.
When photo books became popular from about 2003, he found this to be a perfect way to make his digital photos come to life.
Since then he has made more than 30 photo books on topics like holidays, weddings, exhibitions, yearbooks, "best of" etc. using all of the major producers in Switzerland.
During his presentation he will:
- discuss the software of the main competitors in the market:
Migros/Cewe, Bookfactory, ExtraFilm, Fujifilm,
expertfoto, Ifolor, Fotopick, Printmyphotobook.
- show some examples of most of them
- talk about different book sizes (when to use which format)
- talk about the use of different papers
- show how to prepare the photos on the computer
- show where to download the CEWE software
- discuss the difference between autofill and manual creation of pages
- start a new photobook with manual pages
- show how to use templates
- place photos individually
- show how to resize pictures
- show how to use frames or special frames on the pictures.
- write text/titles
- insert/replace pages.